The goal of this workshop is to enhance the social responsibility of the CV community, encourage and highlight novel works to use CV techniques for wildlife conservation, and bring together researchers in the community to foster new ideas and directions on "CV for wildlife conservation".
Workshop topics include (but are not limited to):
- Fine-grained wildlife recognition
- Wildlife re-identification
- Wildlife tracking
- Smart trap sensor design
- Drone based monitoring/tracking
- Simulation and visualization
- Full conservation system
- Dataset related to wildlife conservation
- Challenge solutions
We invite paper submissions and featured works in three tracks:
- Regular contributed papers: up to 8 pages, including figures, tables, and references and acknowledgements.
Submissions should use the ICCV template and be sent to the CVWC2019 CMT site (to be opened) before its deadline.
- Challenge solution papers: up to 8 pages to describe the challenge solution, including figures, tables, and references and acknowledgements. Submissions should use the ICCV template and be sent to the CVWC2019 CMT site before its deadline.
- Featured existing works: published in recent 1~2 years at peer-reviewed conferences/journals or even concurrent at ICCV 2019 main conference, are welcoming to present in oral/poster format at our workshop, but will not be published within the workshop proceeding. These kinds of submissions still need send to our CMT site for possible selection.
Regular contributed papers must contain novel work. They will receive at least two reviews with a single-blind policy. Papers will be selected based on novelty, relevance to workshop topics, technical merit. Accepted papers will be indexed on CVF and presented as posters in the workshop. Novel papers are selected to give oral presentation at the workshop.
Challenge solution papers will contain the full description of the team solution for any track of the challenge. Papers will be selected based on novelty and performance in the challenge. Accepted papers will be indexed on CVF and presented as posters in the workshop. Winner solutions are invited to give oral presentation at the workshop.
- Submission website: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/CVWC2019
- LaTeX/Word Templates: using the same template as ICCV 2019 main conference at http://iccv2019.thecvf.com/files/iccv2019AuthorKit.zip.
- Page Requirements:
- Regular contributed and challenge solution papers are limited to 8 pages, including figures and tables and references, in the ICCV 2019 style.
- Featured peer-viewed papers in the past two years are not restricted in pages and formats.
- Regular contributed and challenge solution papers will be included into workshop proceedings, while peer-reviewed papers will not.
- Papers from all three categories will be selected to give oral or poster presentaiton during the workshop.
- Policies: Regular contributed papers and challenge solution papers should follow the double blind policy and all the other policies of ICCV 2019.
- Regular contributed paper submission: July 31, 2019
- Challenge solution paper submission: August 15, 2019
- Acceptance Notification: August 23, 2019
- Camera-ready: August 30, 2019
- Workshop date: October 27, 2019 (full day)
(All dates are 11:59PM in Pacific Time.)
Contact: cvwc2019 AT hotmail.com. Any question related to the workshop such as paper submission, challenge participation, etc, please feel free to send email to the contact mailbox.